Water Heater whistling

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Water Heater whistling

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

My water heater has started whistling.I just put in an irrigation system – would that have caused it somehow? We have a lot of Iron in our water (well system) and the house is three years old.While Im at it,does anyone have any suggestions on limiting the noise from the well pump? It feeds into the house by our bedroom and makes a heck of a lot of noise (kicking on,off,and humming while its running)Thanks, Joe

Participant

Joe: Sounds like a real happy place ..water heater whistles and the pump hums… Is there a corelation between the whistle in the water heater, and the irrigation pump? (does it only whistle when the pump is running) With a high watt density heating element in the heater, it can make a hissing or squealing noise. Changing the element(s) to low watt density should take care of that. A resilient connection at the pumps suction side, discharge side and from the storage tank should help with the noise from your water piping….Bud: My water heater has started whistling.I just put in an irrigation system – would that have caused it somehow? We have a lot of Iron in our water (well system) and the house is three years old.While Im at it,does anyone have any suggestions on limiting the noise from the well pump? It feeds into the house by our bedroom and makes a heck of a lot of noise (kicking on,off,and humming while its running): Thanks, : Joe

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This