electric water heater-heating element

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives electric water heater-heating element

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I bought a house with a solar powered water heater which has an electric heating element in case of low sun. I replace the heating element because of leaking and the new one does not seem to heat up although it is receiving current. The new element physically resembles the old plus the rating and alt. rating are the same (4500w, 240v/3500 w, 208v). However, the number preceding the ratings is different. The old number was 9511 and the new is 351. Any suggestions on the cause of the problem would be appreciated.

Participant

If it is receiving current, and that means 240 v. at the two terminals, then you need a ammeter to see if it is using the current. If not then the new element is also burned out or defective. the numbers on the element are immaterial. If you drained the heater to install the element, it may have been energized before the element was under water. But the most common problem with solar heaters not operating electrically is the red reset button pops out when the solar system over heats the tank.: I bought a house with a solar powered water heater which : has an electric heating element in case of low sun. I replace : the heating element because of leaking and the new one : does not seem to heat up although it is receiving current. : The new element physically resembles the old plus the : rating and alt. rating are the same (4500w, 240v/3500 w, : 208v). However, the number preceding the ratings is : different. The old number was 9511 and the new is 351. : Any suggestions on the cause of the problem would be : appreciated.

Participant

: I bought a house with a solar powered water heater which : has an electric heating element in case of low sun. I replace : the heating element because of leaking and the new one : does not seem to heat up although it is receiving current. : The new element physically resembles the old plus the : rating and alt. rating are the same (4500w, 240v/3500 w, : 208v). However, the number preceding the ratings is : different. The old number was 9511 and the new is 351. : Any suggestions on the cause of the problem would be : appreciated.Dear sir, We need Only heating element from your company For using in Electric Smothing Iron.220-V~1000 W Please conttact with Us and tell us about its Price and deatail. I am waiting your reply at this address. M.A.Shah & Co. Muhammad Arslan Shah. 9-A, Street no 43-A, Afzaal road sanda Kalan Lahore Pakistan(54000) Tel +92-42-7245548 Fax +92-42-7245952

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This