PVC 3/4″ pipe & no main valve water shut-off

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing PVC 3/4″ pipe & no main valve water shut-off

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

My brother in-law replaced the water pipe coming from the city’s line all the way to my house with PVC 3/4-inch. This was about three and one-half years ago. Since then, I’ve found out that he should have used copper and that it should have been one inch. Also, he removed the main shut-off valve going into the house. I’m sure he had a reason for this, but it’s beyond me what it would be. What kind of problems can I anticipate as a result of the PVC pipe and the size of it? It’s obvious about the main shut-off valve. Also, I’m told that the house may not be grounded now because of the PVC. I’d appreciate any help. I’m having a plumber come to give me an estimate on what I need done.

Participant

How did your brother in law install these pipes with out a shut off some place?

There HAS TO BE A SHUT OFF SOME PLACE

Participant

The city came out and turned off their valve (from their line into mine). I guess my brother in-law removed my valve after he finished laying the pipe. And then the city came out again to turn on the water. I can access the city’s valve with a water key. But I’ve been told that I’ll be liable if it gets broken.

Participant

Never play with the council mains or valves, can you imagine what it will cost to fix
              1- excavator
              1- forman
              1- person to watch the excavator
              1- person to drive the truck
              1- person to boil the kettel for smoko
              1- person to hand dig the hole
              1- plumber
              1- person to lean on the shovel
              1- person back at the office to fill in the report

AND the cost of the valve ect

Dealing with any council is expensive

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This