Waste heat water heaters

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Waste heat water heaters

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 26 years ago by Avatar photoMartin Costello.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I must choose a hot water heater for my new house. The central air conditioner will have a Hot Tap waste heat water heating system which draws waste heat from the outside coils of the freon air conditioning system to heat water. My question is which water heater is best to use? I want to minimize fouling of the heat exchanger, I suppose the city of Tallahasse, FL water could scale up the inside of the water pipes and my waste heat water heater system would not work as well– should I not draw water from the bottom of the hot water tank? the bottom is where scale forms…

Participant

If you get a solar water heater tank, then you can use the solar taps, (preferably on the side of the tank), for the heat exchanger. The water will not be drawn off the very bottom of the tank, and the water piped to the heat exchanger will usually have most of the minerals precipitated out by the electric heating unit. The exchanger is a supplement to the electric unit. It is not able to supply the entire hot water requirements.: I must choose a hot water heater for my new house. The : central air conditioner will have a Hot Tap waste heat : water heating system which draws waste heat from the outside : coils of the freon air conditioning system to heat water. : My question is which water heater is best to use? I want : to minimize fouling of the heat exchanger, I suppose the city : of Tallahasse, FL water could scale up the inside of the water : pipes and my waste heat water heater system would not work as : well– should I not draw water from the bottom of the hot water : tank? the bottom is where scale forms…

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This