Pilot light on a gas water heater…

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Pilot light on a gas water heater…

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 26 years ago by Avatar photoJon Miller.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have a Craftmaster hot water heater in a house I bought in 1995, and have had problems with it ever since. The pilot light seems to go out on its own and without warning. Then when you try to relight it, it wont relight. If I wiggle one of the small metal tubes coming from the thermostat (I assume theyre the thermocouple leads), it will relight and work fine for a while but it eventually has to be relit. Any ideas? How difficult is it to change one of these units out? Any response would be gladly appreciated… – Jon

Participant

If wiggling works, try tightening the connection from the small wire like unit into the gas valve. If that does not fix it, unscrew it, pull the old thermocouple out of the bracket and install a new one.: I have a Craftmaster hot water heater in a house I : bought in 1995, and have had problems with it ever : since. The pilot light seems to go out on its own : and without warning. Then when you try to relight it, : it wont relight. If I wiggle one of the small metal : tubes coming from the thermostat (I assume theyre the : thermocouple leads), it will relight and work fine for a : while but it eventually has to be relit. Any ideas? : How difficult is it to change one of these units out? : Any response would be gladly appreciated… : – Jon

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This