Footer drains/Sump pumps

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Footer drains/Sump pumps

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

We have recently been getting water in our basement after it rains. It appears to be coming in between the walls and the floor. Our neighbor pointed out that our footer drain doesnt have any water coming out of it, so maybe we have a crushed or clogged pipe. We have been trying to reach the builder, but since we are the third owners, I dont know how much they will do. We were told by a friend that a sump pump would solve our problem if the builder wont fix it. Part of our basement is finished, so the carpet is getting wet sometimes. We need a solution quickly….not to mention the foundation problems we will have if this continues. Is the sump pump the best solution at this point? If not, what would have to be done?

Participant

If the footer drains do not have water coming out of them, then the water would not get to a sump pump before it came through the wall.: We have recently been getting water in our basement after it rains. It appears to be coming in between the walls and the floor. Our neighbor pointed out that our footer drain doesnt have any water coming out of it, so maybe we have a crushed or clogged pipe. We have been trying to reach the builder, but since we are the third owners, I dont know how much they will do. We were told by a friend that a sump pump would solve our problem if the builder wont fix it. Part of our basement is finished, so the carpet is getting wet sometimes. We need a solution quickly….not to mention the foundation problems we will have if this continues. Is the sump pump the best solution at this point? If not, what would have to be done?

Participant

Okay, I talked to the builder. He said there were never any water problems in our house until the people before us put in the deck and messed up the grading. They had redirected all the water into one of the window well drains. Anyway, they had to pull up the deck and they put drain tile in as well as replacing a couple of the windows with the safety block. There were no more water problems after that.The builder suggested running water up the footer drain to see if it was clogged. I did that and very little mud came out. Of course, it didnt reach very far up. The gutters are clear. We were able to check two of the window wells and clear out some leaves. There is still one that we cant reach under the deck. We cant find anything that has recently changed. Im afraid we may have to pull up the deck or put drain tile around the deck. Is there anything else that we are missing???

Participant

Have you tried snaking out the drain? There are many companies that can do that for you. It would be a lot less expensive than pulling up the deck. Good luck, OPete

Participant

:I have a problem with water ponding on a large flat roof. I need a small (very small) battery operated sump pump to keep the low areas of my roof from ponding. Do you have a recommendation for such a sump pump?If the footer drains do not have water coming out of them, then the water would not get to a sump pump before it came through the wall.: : We have recently been getting water in our basement after it rains. It appears to be coming in between the walls and the floor. Our neighbor pointed out that our footer drain doesnt have any water coming out of it, so maybe we have a crushed or clogged pipe. We have been trying to reach the builder, but since we are the third owners, I dont know how much they will do. We were told by a friend that a sump pump would solve our problem if the builder wont fix it. Part of our basement is finished, so the carpet is getting wet sometimes. We need a solution quickly….not to mention the foundation problems we will have if this continues. Is the sump pump the best solution at this point? If not, what would have to be done?

Participant

The sump pumps does not stop pumping. It pumps continous. Is there a way to repair.Thanks.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This