Washer drains too fast & causes overflow

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Washer drains too fast & causes overflow

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 26 years ago by Avatar photoHank.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I just installed a new washing machine and cant use it because the water drains so quickly and with such force that my drain (1.5 diameter) cant handle the flow and as a result it floods my laundry room.The drains doesnt seem to be clogged and I didnt have this problem with the old machine when it was working.Whats the best way to correct this problem, short of getting another washer?

Participant

Hank: Try increasing the length of the stand pipe (the pipe that the discharge hose goes into) If it is a 1-1/2chrome plated metal washing machine drain, go to a plumbing supply store and get a 1-1/2 Slip joint tail piece extension that is 12 long, and install it on the existing pipe. If the drain is made of plastic, copper or other material, get the proper fitting extension material and add it to the existing drain line. Care must be taken to support this new addition from the pull of the discharge hose….lots of luck…Bud. : I just installed a new washing machine and cant use it because the water drains so quickly and with such force that my drain (1.5 diameter) cant handle the flow and as a result it floods my laundry room.: The drains doesnt seem to be clogged and I didnt have this problem with the old machine when it was working.: Whats the best way to correct this problem, short of getting another washer?

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This