copper and brass tubing-bending

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives copper and brass tubing-bending

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Im a begining hobbyist jewelry maker. I havent figured out how to bend tubing without causing the tube to collape flat in the middle. Im not talking about a sharp bend. No more than say 10 degrees. Just enough to bow a bit so that it follows the natural bow of the chain of cord which I want to pass through it. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Participant

:this depends on what diameter pipe you are trying to bend, any thing up to 1/2 you can use soft copper pipe which bends easily. Im a begining hobbyist jewelry maker. I havent figured out how to bend tubing without causing the tube to collape flat in the middle. Im not talking about a sharp bend. No more than say 10 degrees. Just enough to bow a bit so that it follows the natural bow of the chain of cord which I want to pass through it. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Participant

: :this depends on what diameter pipe you are trying to bend, any thing up to 1/2 you can use soft copper pipe which bends easily. : Im a begining hobbyist jewelry maker. I havent figured out how to bend tubing without causing the tube to collape flat in the middle. Im not talking about a sharp bend. No more than say 10 degrees. Just enough to bow a bit so that it follows the natural bow of the chain of cord which I want to pass through it. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Participant

The way I bend brass tubing is to fill it with a low-temperature melting metal, such as cerrobend, and then to bend the tube, then throw it into boiling water to let the cerrobend melt and run out. Gluck.

Participant

: :this depends on what diameter pipe you are trying to bend, any thing up to 1/2 you can use soft copper pipe which bends easily. : Im a begining hobbyist jewelry maker. I havent figured out how to bend tubing without causing the tube to collape flat in the middle. Im not talking about a sharp bend. No more than say 10 degrees. Just enough to bow a bit so that it follows the natural bow of the chain of cord which I want to pass through it. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Participant

We are searching for 15mm x 295 mm brass tube meant for water meter complete with compression brass fittings. pls advise if your company have this products ? Quantity : 5000 pcs. Contact no : 65 5522242 Fax :65 5528521 Tks.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This