Septic tank location

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Septic tank location

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 26 years ago by Avatar photoR Karr.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I need to have my tank pumped. This was an existing system when I bought the home.Needless to say I have no experience with septic tanks and systems and even though the system works fine until a month or so when the washing machine water discharge causes one tolet to bubble when draining I want to pump the tank. Problem is I cant find it. I need suggestions on locating the tank. general answers as to how deep are the tanks generally, where are the access points, is there any surface indications that would give me a hint on where to start.

Participant

The first place to check is the state/county/city department in charge of septic tanks. They may have the drawing for the installation when the permit was issued. If that doesnt work, then a pipe locator company can send their transmitter through the pipe and see where it ends up. As a last resort, most pumpers have enough experience that they can find the tank.: I need to have my tank pumped. This was an existing system when I bought the home.Needless to say I have no experience with septic tanks and systems and even though the system works fine until a month or so when the washing machine water discharge causes one tolet to bubble when draining I want to pump the tank. Problem is I cant find it. I need suggestions on locating the tank. general answers as to how deep are the tanks generally, where are the access points, is there any surface indications that would give me a hint on where to start.

Participant

: The first place to check is the state/county/city department in charge of septic tanks. They may have the drawing for the installation when the permit was issued. If that doesnt work, then a pipe locator company can send their transmitter through the pipe and see where it ends up. As a last resort, most pumpers have enough experience that they can find the tank.: : I need to have my tank pumped. This was an existing system when I bought the home.Needless to say I have no experience with septic tanks and systems and even though the system works fine until a month or so when the washing machine water discharge causes one tolet to bubble when draining I want to pump the tank. Problem is I cant find it. I need suggestions on locating the tank. general answers as to how deep are the tanks generally, where are the access points, is there any surface indications that would give me a hint on where to start.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This