Copper or PVC

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Copper or PVC

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I currently have copper pipes going in an out of a swimming pool heater. Since the heater also allows PVC connections would it make sense to change these out and use PVC in order to minimize heat loss?

Participant

No. The water coming out of the heater is relatively hot for a couple of feet. This heat would soften the PVC and cause leaks and failure.: I currently have copper pipes going in an out of a swimming pool heater. : Since the heater also allows PVC connections would it make sense to change : these out and use PVC in order to minimize heat loss?

Participant

: No. The water coming out of the heater is relatively hot for a couple of feet. This heat would soften the PVC and cause leaks and failure.: : I currently have copper pipes going in an out of a swimming pool heater. : : Since the heater also allows PVC connections would it make sense to change : : these out and use PVC in order to minimize heat loss?would be perfectly safe to use cpvc pipe that is designed for hot or cold use

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This