Mortar Bed Shower

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Mortar Bed Shower

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

What is the recommended thickness of the mortar bed for a shower pan? Im talking about the mortar bed thickness above the rubber pan liner.

Participant

if you are using the apporved drain, then it has a 2 riser from the liner to the tile surface.: What is the recommended thickness of the mortar bed for a shower pan? Im talking about the mortar bed thickness above the rubber pan liner.

Participant

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I used one of those PVC shower drains for a mortar pan liner. Considering the trouble this one caused me, I suspect it was not approved. When I bolted down the upper flange over the membrane, I overtorqued one of the flange bolts and I pulled out its threaded insert from the lower PVC flange. Anyway on the drain I bought, the top piece threads into the upper flange, so its height is adjustable. I ended up making the mortar pan 2 thick (mainly because I wanted to use all the mortar I mixed up). The threaded drain piece barely fit into the upper flange with such a thick mortar bed. I suspect I would not have had these problems with a brass shower pan drain fitting.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This