Water Smells

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Water Smells

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 26 years ago by Avatar photoHarvey R Wagar.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have a Rheem hotwater heater, now four years old. When I turn on the hot water in the Master bath it smells like rotten eggs for the first quart or so. I had the annode rod replaced but that didnt correct the problem. I also have a water purifacation system, and heard that replacing the annode rod with a magnesium rod would correct the problem. Can you help?

Participant

The anode rod is a magnesium rod, and it is the problem. Remove it and plug the opening. The heater will have a somewhat shorter life, but the odor will go away.: I have a Rheem hotwater heater, now four years old. When I turn on the hot water in : the Master bath it smells like rotten eggs for the first quart or so. I had the annode rod : replaced but that didnt correct the problem. I also have a water purifacation system, and : heard that replacing the annode rod with a magnesium rod would correct the problem. Can you : help?

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This