element testing

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives element testing

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a hot tub that is not heating (not a very hot tub) The contacts are closing and I have 120 V (240 system) on each terminal of the element and the element does not measure shorted. Can anyone help? Thanks

Participant

Mike: No cigar…You need 240 volts across the terminals of the element in order to get it to heat. Dont overlook the obvious…Is the breaker delivering 240 V to the controls for the element (Thermostat- hi limit switch etc) Get a volt meter, and back track until you find where your losing the other leg of the necessary 240 volt power supply…Lots of luck..Bud: I have a hot tub that is not heating (not a very hot tub) The contacts are closing and I have 120 V (240 system) on each terminal of the element and the element does not measure shorted. Can anyone help? Thanks

Participant

You say that it does not measure shorted. If it does not heat, and you actually have 240 across the terminals, the it may indicate OPEN. A shorted element would pop the breaker.: I have a hot tub that is not heating (not a very hot tub) The contacts are closing and I have 120 V (240 system) on each terminal of the element and the element does not measure shorted. Can anyone help? Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This