French Drains

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives French Drains

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I was surfing the web for drainage solutions and found your information re french drains. I have a rather large lot and I seem to be at a lower level than my neighbors and when it rains, I catch the water and believe me, it just sits for long periods of time. I am thinking of having some french drains installed and directed either to a main drain pipe or into a dry well. Its a must that I do this because until I get rid of the water, I simply cannot plant any trees, shrubs, etc. Do you have any suggestions? I would appreciate your ideas or what to watch for. Thank you. Bob

Participant

Bob: If you have the option to channel or pump the water to a lower grade level on or near your property line, and it won create a nuisence for your neighbors, I suggest that you consider a different course of action than the French Drain approach. By installing a couple of catch basins, and some underground piping, you can solve your problem permanently. French drains require cosiderable effort to install, and have the propensity to fail when most needed (they can load up with silt and debris that inhibits their ability to absorb the water. Lots of luck with your project,….Bud Suncoast Plumbing Inc. Sunny Florida

Participant

: Bob: If you have the option to channel or pump the water to a lower grade level on or near your property line, and it won create a nuisence for your neighbors, I suggest that you consider a different course of action than the French Drain approach. By installing a couple of catch basins, and some underground piping, you can solve your problem permanently. French drains require cosiderable effort to install, and have the propensity to fail when most needed (they can load up with silt and debris that inhibits their ability to absorb the water. Lots of luck with your project,….Bud : Suncoast Plumbing Inc. : Sunny Florida :

Participant

: Bob: If you have the option to channel or pump the water to a lower grade level on or near your property line, and it won create a nuisence for your neighbors, I suggest that you consider a different course of action than the French Drain approach. By installing a couple of catch basins, and some underground piping, you can solve your problem permanently. French drains require cosiderable effort to install, and have the propensity to fail when most needed (they can load up with silt and debris that inhibits their ability to absorb the water. Lots of luck with your project,….Bud : Suncoast Plumbing Inc. : Sunny Florida :

Participant

I am just looking for what would be the best thing to keep roots out of the little holes in the tile

Participant

: : : Could you help me find a company that makes french drain covers? We recently refinished the basement and need to cover the drains for protection.Thank you, Julia Miller : :

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This