toothbrush in the toilet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives toothbrush in the toilet

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

My 1-1/2 yrs old daughter threw her toothbrush in the toilet. The toilet water drained slow, not completely flushed. What should I do?

Participant

Ishai: Best bet is to try to remove the toothbrush by using a closet auger with a drop head. It may take a little while and patience, but its easier than taking the toilet up, and trying to push it out from the rear, and then resetting the toilet. Closet augers are available from rental centers, or can be purchased from plumbing supply centers….Lots of luck…Bud: My 1-1/2 yrs old daughter threw her toothbrush in the toilet. The toilet water drained slow, not completely flushed. What should I do?

Participant

Since the toothbrush usually will not go around the first bend, it is probably lodged at the top of the trap. Before you rent a closet auger, take all the water out of the toilet bowl, and use a mirror and flashlight to look up the opening. If the toothbrush is there, you may be able to bend a coathanger to dislodge it. Once it is moved, it will drop back down to a point where you can take it out.: My 1-1/2 yrs old daughter threw her toothbrush in the toilet. The toilet water drained slow, not completely flushed. What should I do?

Participant

Thank you for advice! I finally got the toothbrush down from the first bend as it was lodged at the top of the trap. I found the toothbrush located in the first bend using a flashlight and mirror. I used the clothhanger wire wrapped with duct tape (to protect the toilets white surface). It took me about 20 minutes trying to get it down. When the toothbrush came down, I felt like that I hit the jackpot! Thanks again!

Participant

: Thank you for advice! I finally got the toothbrush down from the first bend as it was lodged at the top of the trap. I found the toothbrush located in the first bend using a flashlight and mirror. I used the clothhanger wire wrapped with duct tape (to protect the toilets white surface). It took me about 20 minutes trying to get it down. When the toothbrush came down, I felt like that I hit the jackpot! Thanks again!

Participant

Thats nothing!! I cleaned the toilet bowl with my ex-boyfriends toothbrush and forgot to tell him!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This