Vent Stack

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Vent Stack

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I know codes vary, but is there a general rule of thumb regarding what diameter a vent stack should be in relation to how many fixtures use it?

Participant

Vent stacks are fairly liberal, so if you used a 2 vent, youmight be hard pressed to connect too many fixtures to it. The comon rule,it that the total area of all the vents going through th roof has to equall the area of the sewer main leaving the building. Two other items: 1 1/2 is the smallest size allowed in most codes, and a toilet stack has to be 2: I know codes vary, but is there a general rule of : thumb regarding what diameter a vent stack should : be in relation to how many fixtures use it?

Participant

Vent stacks are fairly liberal, so if you used a 2 vent, youmight be hard pressed to connect too many fixtures to it. The comon rule,it that the total area of all the vents going through th roof has to equall the area of the sewer main leaving the building. Two other items: 1 1/2 is the smallest size allowed in most codes, and a toilet stack has to be 2: I know codes vary, but is there a general rule of : thumb regarding what diameter a vent stack should : be in relation to how many fixtures use it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This