pilot light on hot water heater

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives pilot light on hot water heater

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Help! The pilot light on my hot water heater keeps going out. Until several months ago it had never gone out. Then it went out twice in one month. Now, its going out 3 or 4 times a week. It shares a flue with the central heating unit, which has never had a problem.

Participant

Rob: Replace the thermocouple, and see if that doesnt solve the problem…if not call back, and well go to plan B…lots of luck..Bud.. Suncoast Plumbing Inc.

Participant

: Help! The pilot light on my hot water heater : keeps going out. Until several months ago it had : never gone out. Then it went out twice in one month. : Now, its going out 3 or 4 times a week. : It shares a flue with the central heating unit, which : has never had a problem. if the pilot is dirty it will be lazy and not play on the thermocouple. you can tell if it appears yellow and floats straight up instead of touching the thermocouple. if its dirty clean it that may be your only problem. if its not dirty and is playing good on the thermocoule then I would suggest changing the thermocouple.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This