draining a back yard

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives draining a back yard

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 26 years ago by Avatar photoDave.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have a back yard with hills all around, it is very wet and never dries, even after days of sunny weather. What can I do?

Participant

Dave: Have you considered putting a hill in your back yard, and give the problem to your neighbors. If that wont fly, locate the lowest point in the wet area, and install a catch basin with a pump, or piping that will take the water to an area that will not be a problem. These catch basins are available from Home De Pot, and are very reasonable. Lots of luck….Bud: I have a back yard with hills all around, it is very wet and never dries, even after days of sunny weather. What can I do?

Participant

Whatever you do, dont let the government know about it, or they will declare it a wetland and fine you if you try to drain it. But seriously, (and that was a serious comment), if the ground will not drain naturally, then it will probably not drain with any shallow drain solution. You may have to drill a hole several feet deep, so the water can disperse into the subsurface strata. But it is your problem, because most jurisdictions do not allow you to send your drainage to an adjacent property.: Dave: Have you considered putting a hill in your back yard, and give the problem to your neighbors. If that wont fly, locate the lowest point in the wet area, and install a catch basin with a pump, or piping that will take the water to an area that will not be a problem. These catch basins are available from Home De Pot, and are very reasonable. Lots of luck….Bud: : I have a back yard with hills all around, it is very wet and never dries, even after days of sunny weather. What can I do?

Participant

: Whatever you do, dont let the government know about it, or they will declare it a wetland and fine you if you try to drain it. But seriously, (and that was a serious comment), if the ground will not drain naturally, then it will probably not drain with any shallow drain solution. You may have to drill a hole several feet deep, so the water can disperse into the subsurface strata. But it is your problem, because most jurisdictions do not allow you to send your drainage to an adjacent property.: : Dave: Have you considered putting a hill in your back yard, and give the problem to your neighbors. If that wont fly, locate the lowest point in the wet area, and install a catch basin with a pump, or piping that will take the water to an area that will not be a problem. These catch basins are available from Home De Pot, and are very reasonable. Lots of luck….Bud: : : I have a back yard with hills all around, it is very wet and never dries, even after days of sunny weather. What can I do? I too have a water problem.. I need info on how to install the drain pipe…

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This