Not Enough Hot Water

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Not Enough Hot Water

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 26 years ago by Avatar photoMike Nerbas.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Our Rheem Ruud water heater is only 1.5 years old and is providing only about 2 min. of shower time. This only started happening recently. Someone said it might be my dip tube. If so, how do I fix it? If not, what is wrong??

Participant

If it is gas, then that is probably the problem. Some plumbing stores have new dip tubes which you insert down the cold water opening on the top of the tank, otherwise a piece of 1/2 copper tube flared do it doesnt drop through will work. This can also be a problem with electric heaters, but the more likely thing is that the lower element is burned out, and the upper thermostat is either not adjustable or set low.: Our Rheem Ruud water heater is only 1.5 years old and is providing only about 2 min. of shower time. This only started happening recently. Someone said it might be my dip tube. If so, how do I fix it? If not, what is wrong??

Participant

You may have a faulty dip tube. Do you have white particles in your showerheads or faucets? Where do you live? Please reply with questions/information. Garrett Hodes

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This