PVC removal

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives PVC removal

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 26 years ago by Avatar photoCasey.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a pvc pipe broken inside a plastic fitting. I have to remove the cemented pvc from within the plastic fitting. The fitting is the base of a pool filter, and is fairly imobile. The PVC pipe broke so that none of the pipe extends outside of the plastic fitting.Any ideas???Thanks!

Participant

: I have a pvc pipe broken inside a plastic : fitting. I have to remove the cemented pvc : from within the plastic fitting. The fitting : is the base of a pool filter, and is fairly : imobile. : The PVC pipe broke so that none of the pipe extends : outside of the plastic fitting.: Any ideas???Not so simple i suppose, perhaps in the mean time you did solve the problem. 1)is the fitting (plastic) or PVC too ??. 2)Normaly the best you can do is to cut away the fitting and renew it complete , perhaps thats your problem ?.Peter Tamerus Dutch teacher installing technics: Thanks!

Participant

: : I have a pvc pipe broken inside a plastic : : fitting. I have to remove the cemented pvc : : from within the plastic fitting. The fitting : : is the base of a pool filter, and is fairly : : imobile. : : The PVC pipe broke so that none of the pipe extends : : outside of the plastic fitting.: : Any ideas??? I have a nearly identical problem with my spa. The solution proposed earlier wont work for me because my filter housing is one piece and the pipe is glued to it. A spa store told me to remove the pvc using a pipe reamer. They showed me one for 2 diameter pipe. Its made specifically for pvc and looks like a disc on a shaft for mounting to a power drill. Trouble is I havent found one for 1.5 pipe. Any ideas?: Not so simple i suppose, perhaps in the mean time you did : solve the problem. : 1)is the fitting (plastic) or PVC too ??. : 2)Normaly the best you can do is to cut away the fitting : and renew it complete , perhaps thats your problem : ?.: Peter Tamerus : Dutch teacher installing technics: : Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This