copper vs cpvc

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives copper vs cpvc

• This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 26 years ago by Avatar photoLincoln.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, which is better to use in residetial home copper or cpvc and the cost ? thank you

Participant

: Hi, which is better to use in residetial home copper or cpvc : and the cost ? thank you

Participant

Copper will withstand several times the pressure of CPVC is non combustible and accepted by all codes. I would only use CPVC if there was a unique water corrosion problem that might attack the copper pipe or solder joints. I believe CPVC would cost more for materials but the labor may be cheaper. Overall cost would not be a big difference. Make sure to check with the local building inspector or code official to see what is approved for your area.: Hi, which is better to use in residetial home copper or cpvc : and the cost ? thank you

Participant

Lincoln: Copper is by far the better material if installed properly, and considerations are made for any possible corrosion problems that could result in pin hole leaks. Check the web site below for an option on pin hole protection. Bud. Suncoast Plumbing Inc. Sunny Florida.: : Hi, which is better to use in residetial home copper or cpvc : : and the cost ? thank you

Participant

Then next good thing made from plastic will be the first one. CPVC is much cheaper labor and materials. The expense comes when it breaks or joints come apartr and it has to be repaired. Also since it is the same outside diameter as copper tubing but has a much thicker wall, the actual capacity is the same as a copper pipe one or two sizes smaller.: Hi, which is better to use in residetial home copper or cpvc : and the cost ? thank you

Participant

: Hi, which is better to use in residetial home copper or cpvc : and the cost ? thank youI nice note to this question!From the NetherlandsThe material is ok. but the expansion is much more!!! And also important ;it is impossible to defrost the tube!when it is frozen. But it never do freeze in Florida.gr.Peter

Participant

Just happened to find your address on a year-old response to someone else. Perhaps you can provide help.I recently bought a house w/polybutyl pipes (built three years ago) in Tallahassee. (I live in Arkansas.)Do you know of a class-action suit concerning this product?Appreciate your help. Thanks, Al MacManus

Participant

: Just happened to find your address on a year-old response to someone else. Perhaps you can provide help.: I recently bought a house w/polybutyl pipes (built three years ago) in Tallahassee. (I live in Arkansas.): Do you know of a class-action suit concerning this product?: Appreciate your help. Thanks, Al MacManus

Participant

: : Just happened to find your address on a year-old response to someone else. Perhaps you can provide help.: : I recently bought a house w/polybutyl pipes (built three years ago) in Tallahassee. (I live in Arkansas.): : Do you know of a class-action suit concerning this product?: : Appreciate your help. Thanks, Al MacManus

Participant

: : Just happened to find your address on a year-old response to someone else. Perhaps you can provide help.: : I recently bought a house w/polybutyl pipes (built three years ago) in Tallahassee. (I live in Arkansas.): : Do you know of a class-action suit concerning this product?: : Appreciate your help. Thanks, Al MacManus Would appreciate any answers you received regarding this product. I too, purchased a home with polybutyl pipes and have had considerable damage from mice chewing the pipes. The back 1/3 of my manufactured home is ruined. Floors caved in.

Participant

: : : Just happened to find your address on a year-old response to someone else. Perhaps you can provide help.: : : I recently bought a house w/polybutyl pipes (built three years ago) in Tallahassee. (I live in Arkansas.): : : Do you know of a class-action suit concerning this product?: : : Appreciate your help. Thanks, Al MacManusPlease add my name to this inquiry. I, too, have a home with this plumbing and have had trouble for years. I live in Indiana.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This