HELP !

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Since the last two weeks, whenever I flush our toilet, air bubbles up for a second or two right after I push the flush handle. Other than that, there is no problem. every thing goes down. I tried a plunger but it makes no difference.what can I do to clear this up. Or must I just live with it. Please…some one…give me an email!

Participant

Frans Mast: I am posting this not because Im sure I have the answer to your potty problem, but because I dont want you to think you are being ignored mostly. It sounds to be like you have a siphon-jet type toilet that may have a calcium accumulation in the jet hole or passage way. The best way to correct this problem (if this is the problem) is to pour a gallon of Muriatic acid into the bowl before retireing for the evening. Cover the bowl with some cling type plastic wrap so the fumes dont create a problem. Let it stand overnight. In the morning, flush the bowl while the wrap is still in place TWICE. Carefully remove the plastic wrap and discard with caution. IF YOU HAVE YOUNG CHILDREN, OR PETS THAT HANG OUT IN THE LITTLE ROOM, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. If you still have a problem after this , maybe its time to say Adios to your old john or trade him off on a new model that doesnt blow bubbles. Lots of luck….Bud

Participant

CAUTION!! If you dump a gallon of Hydrochloric Acid (Muriatic Acid) in your toilet bowl you will most likley burn yourself and destroy your toilet. This will create a huge exothermic (heat releasing) reaction and will boil the water and likely crack the toilet bowl. Have a plumber come look at your toilet if it is not flushing properly. Otherwise leave it alone!: Frans Mast: I am posting this not because Im sure I have the answer to your potty problem, but because I dont want you to think you are being ignored mostly. : It sounds to be like you have a siphon-jet type toilet that may have a calcium accumulation in the jet hole or passage way. The best way to correct this problem (if this is the problem) is to pour a gallon of Muriatic acid into the bowl before retireing for the evening. Cover the bowl with some cling type plastic wrap so the fumes dont create a problem. Let it stand overnight. : In the morning, flush the bowl while the wrap is still in place TWICE. : Carefully remove the plastic wrap and discard with caution. IF YOU HAVE YOUNG CHILDREN, OR PETS THAT HANG OUT IN THE LITTLE ROOM, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. : If you still have a problem after this , maybe its time to say Adios to your old john or trade him off on a new model that doesnt blow bubbles. : Lots of luck….Bud :

Participant

: CAUTION!! If you dump a gallon of Hydrochloric Acid (Muriatic Acid) in your toilet bowl you will most likley burn yourself and destroy your toilet. : This will create a huge exothermic (heat releasing) reaction and will boil the water and likely crack the toilet bowl. Have a plumber come look at your toilet if it is not flushing properly. Otherwise leave it alone!: : Frans Mast: I am posting this not because Im sure I have the answer to your potty problem, but because I dont want you to think you are being ignored mostly. : : It sounds to be like you have a siphon-jet type toilet that may have a calcium accumulation in the jet hole or passage way. The best way to correct this problem (if this is the problem) is to pour a gallon of Muriatic acid into the bowl before retireing for the evening. Cover the bowl with some cling type plastic wrap so the fumes dont create a problem. Let it stand overnight. : : In the morning, flush the bowl while the wrap is still in place TWICE. : : Carefully remove the plastic wrap and discard with caution. IF YOU HAVE YOUNG CHILDREN, OR PETS THAT HANG OUT IN THE LITTLE ROOM, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. : : If you still have a problem after this , maybe its time to say Adios to your old john or trade him off on a new model that doesnt blow bubbles. : : Lots of luck….Bud : :

Participant

Thanks Suncoast and Bud, I called a plumber. He checked it out, used a wire to scrape around the jet holes other places. Got most most of it clear. Flushing is now back to 90% normal. But thanks for the advice you both gave me. Frans.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This