Hot water heater expansion tanks

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Hot water heater expansion tanks

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 26 years ago by Avatar photoO Peterson.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Is an expansion tank needed for a gas hot water heater? I saw a brochure that suggested using one.

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

An expansion tank is only needed if you have a device which prevents the water expansion from equalizing back into the system. The devices could be a check valve, pressure regulating valve, or something similar.: Is an expansion tank needed for a gas hot water heater? : I saw a brochure that suggested using one.

Participant

Besides preventing ruptures on water heaters with check valves, the expansion tanks provide a cushion when taps are opened. Great for when taking a shower.Terry

Participant

I agree. Id like to add that also if at anytime you have water hammer or too high a pressure in your line.Also, it is needed for any heating device in a residence (electric or gas) where, as O Pereson stated, there is no way to get that expanded pressure water line (due to heating of water causes the expansion) to equalize back into the system.

Participant

: I agree. Id like to add that also if at anytime you have water hammer or too high a pressure in your line.: Also, it is needed for any heating device in a residence (electric or gas) where, as O Pereson stated, there is no way to get that expanded pressure water line (due to heating of water causes the expansion) to equalize back into the system.

Participant

Why is an expansion tank installed on a chilled water system?: An expansion tank is only needed if you have a device which prevents the water expansion from equalizing back into the system. The devices could be a check valve, pressure regulating valve, or something similar.: : Is an expansion tank needed for a gas hot water heater? : : I saw a brochure that suggested using one.

Participant

Just a question: Was is the expansion of 100 liters water by volume, while heated from 20 degrees C to 60 degrees C.A happy new year

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This