Pilot light going out after burner shuts off.

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Pilot light going out after burner shuts off.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have a State hot water heater that the pilot light goes out when the water heater shuts off the burner.
        I have replaced the thermocouple and pilot light is okay. I am thinking that it is the thermostat? Needs Help.

Participant

Get a Licensed Master plumber/Gas fitter/Chimney sweep to check your flue for a possible blockage. You maybe getting blow back that is putting out your flame.

This (spillage) is nothing to play with.

Participant

You need to contact a Plumber Who owns a millivolt tester and knows how to use one. It is the only way to accurately pinpoint the problem. Also, if it is your thermostat (actually the ECO part of the thermostat), it may make more sense to replace the entire water heater. Let your Plumber decide.

Participant

You need to contact a Plumber who owns and knows how to use a millivolt tester. It is the only way to diagnose the problem.

Also, if it turns out that the ECO is bad (a part of the thermostat), it may be better to replace the entire water heater. Let your Plumber decide.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This