Scalding water problems

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Scalding water problems

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Our hot water has become scalding hot and the reset button on the electric hot water heate has needed to be pushed frequently. Last night we have replace the upper thermostat on the heater, but this has not stopped the scalding water. I am going to replace the lower thermostat this afternoon. Any other suggestions??

Participant

:You have got it solved.: Our hot water has become scalding hot and the reset button on the electric hot water heate has : needed to be pushed frequently. Last night we have replace the upper thermostat on the heater, : but this has not stopped the scalding water. I am going to replace the lower thermostat this afternoon. : Any other suggestions??

Participant

: Our hot water has become scalding hot and the reset button on the electric hot water heate has : needed to be pushed frequently. Last night we have replace the upper thermostat on the heater, : but this has not stopped the scalding water. I am going to replace the lower thermostat this afternoon. : Any other suggestions??One of the elements, probably the bottom one, has burned out, but not in such a way as to blow the breaker. It is bypassing the thermostat and running all the time at a reduced power level. The only thing that shuts it down is the reset kcking out. Check power draw with an ammeter on all four element wires to see if one is running when the other one to the same element is off.

Participant

: Our hot water has become scalding hot and the reset button on the electric hot water heate has : needed to be pushed frequently. Last night we have replace the upper thermostat on the heater, : but this has not stopped the scalding water. I am going to replace the lower thermostat this afternoon. : Any other suggestions??What make and model water heater do you have?

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This