Copper pipe leaving deposits in sink and tub.

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Copper pipe leaving deposits in sink and tub.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I changed over from well water to City water and the pressure increased and now I have a problem with deposits in my sink and tub and the water looks very muddy at times. It looks like rust coming out of the sink. This has been going on for about 6 weeks and doesn’t seem to be getting any better. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.

Participant

Notify the city and have them flush out their main.

If the pressure was increased enough to allow a flow rate of more than 8FPS you may want to invest in a PRV to prevent erosion of your copper tubing.

Contact a local master plumber to take a pressure reading THEN he/she can calculate the FPS flow

Participant

Check with your city water supplieron the amount of tribitity in the water, or talk to your nieghbors to see if they have dirty water problems in any way. If the answers to these questions are nond this has went on for 6 weeks already then it is possible the problem pipes need changed due to several reasons, such as corrosion or excesive buildups. If we can help further please E-mail us with more details and we will be able to give you better advise.
            GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS
            uckers

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This