pressure

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Is there any standard reason why I loose pressure in one part of the house when I use water in another part. i.e. when I run the washer I loose pressure at the kitchen sink, or when the toilet is flushed the pressure in the shower goes down?

Participant

: Is there any standard reason why I loose pressure in one part of the house when I use water in another part. i.e. when I run the washer I loose pressure at the kitchen sink, or when the toilet is flushed the pressure in the shower goes down?Brian,Yes, When the pipes have too little volume and/or pressure, then only a fixture or two will work well at the same time. A standard three bath home is sized to use a one inch pipe from the water meter with a total developed length of say, eighty feet from meter to the farthest plumbing fixture.When steel pipes get old, corrosion will start closing off the inside of the pipe, causing lack of size and increased friction.Information on pipe can be seen at: http://www.terrylove.com/pipe.htmRegards, Terry Love

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This