electric hot water tank

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives electric hot water tank

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

The other day while filling the bathtub we ran out of hot water for the first time. The tank is 11 yrs old, electric with 2 4500 watt elements. I unscrewed the lower access panel to try to get to the element and had to pull back some insulation inside the tank. The insulation was wet! Is this normal? Also the bottom outside of the tank does show some signs of corrosion. Is it time to replace it?

Participant

: The other day while filling the bathtub we ran out of hot water for the first time. : The tank is 11 yrs old, electric with 2 4500 watt elements. I unscrewed the lower : access panel to try to get to the element and had to pull back some insulation inside the tank. : The insulation was wet! Is this normal? Also the bottom outside of the tank does show some signs : of corrosion. Is it time to replace it?Brian, Yes. It is time to replace the water heater. Thanks for the call. My scheduled restaurant plumbing job has been moved to Wed. Tuesday will work fine for me. Terry Love (425) 649-LOVE The Water Heater page http://www.terrylove.com/wh.htm

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This