bathroom leak

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives bathroom leak

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a small basement leak after the shower (on the floor above) runs. Its in one of two places, along what appaers to be the side of the bathtub. I recaulked around the fixtures and that seems to have stopped one leak, but the other is still dripping. What are the proper steps for determining where the leak is coming from so I can fix the right thing? Thanks.

Participant

: I have a small basement leak after the shower (on the floor above) runs. Its in one of two places, along what appaers to be the side of the bathtub. I recaulked around the fixtures and that seems to have stopped one leak, but the other is still dripping. What are the proper steps for determining where the leak is coming from so I can fix the right thing? : Thanks.

Participant

: I have a small basement leak after the shower (on the floor above) runs. Its in one of two places, along what appaers to be the side of the bathtub. I recaulked around the fixtures and that seems to have stopped one leak, but the other is still dripping. What are the proper steps for determining where the leak is coming from so I can fix the right thing? : Thanks. Step one Run water into the tub with the drain closed to determine if the tub shoe is holding water. Step two Drain water out to see if water is leaking when draining. Step three If the tub leaks only when a full tub is used, fill the tub up to the halfway point of the overflow and check for leaks. Step four Remove the shower head and plug off, cap tub spout if needed. turn water pressure on. Step five Spray water on various parts of the tub enclosure, around the spout, faucet plates, corners of the tub, ect.Hopefully this step by step procedure will help to pinpoint the problem. Regards, Terry Love

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This