gas water heater

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives gas water heater

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

The hot water supply doesnt last as long as it used to. Bud, from Suncoast, mentioned the thermostat to a previous message. Where is the thermostat located and is it difficult to repair? Thank you

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

Mick…The thermostat is not a serviceable item. I f I remember your first post correctly, you said that it ran OK, but did not heat the water as hot as it once did. My suggestion was to turn the thermostat to a warmer setting (increase the temperature setting on the control dial) Almost all current control valves work similarly and have a graduated moveable dial with a range from warm to hot. You can increase the operating temperature by simply turning this knob to a warmer setting. If that doesnt do it, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE CONTROL VALVE…THERE IS DANGER OF FIRE OR EXPLOSION IF YOU TRY TO DISASSEMBLE THIS DEVICE !!!!!!This is a job for a licensed and insured Gas Tech, who has the experience–tools..and parts required to do the job correctly and safely.Happy New Year………….Bud.. Suncoast Plumbing… Sunny Florida..

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This