Garbage Disposals

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Garbage Disposals

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Hi:The discharge line from my dishwashers runs to my garbage disposal. Now this line is leaking water whenever the dishwasher is draining water. I took the line apart and it appears as though the metal piece on the garbage disposal where the dishwashers discharge hose connects has rusted away. Can this be easily repaired, or will I have to purchase a new garbage disposal?Thanks for any clarification.Thomas Ruter [email protected]

Participant

Sounds like the upper housing is eaten through.This happens a lot with cheap (but heavily advertised) pot metal upper housings.Generally dishwasher soap eats them up. We sell parts for most disposers but when this has occured we feel you are better off buying a new unit.This (assuming that I diagnosed it correctly) would not have happened with one purchased from us as the upper materials arent made out of pot metal.I recommend a new corrosion resistant disposer with a great warranty and that is easy to install.yes, I am prejudiced and would prefer to sell a new disposer rather than you buying parts but I am recommedning this based on your total satisfaction 5 years down the road. I believe that if you take at least an hour to change that upper bodied part, pay half the price of a new one, have no warranty, will have leaks and be frustrated you will be much happier buying a complete new disposer.If you arent going to buy one made by Anaheim mfr then I recommend that you make sure where the disposer is made (China?) and also what materials the upper part are made out of.We also sell a water activated fiberglass tape that might patch and work to hold that rotting out top but I would also like to advice against using that because probably yopur disposer has some real weak spots now and youll be fixing and patching until you finally break down and buy a new (hopefully better) disposer.Good Luck,Vic

Participant

Thomas: How did you come out on the garbage disposal with the dishwasher hose bad connection. We just had the same thing happen! Did you replace the unit? Thanks.

Participant

Help. Having to choose a garbage disposal unit for my house. 4 occupants… what brand? what horsepower?

Participant

: Hi:My daughter put roast down my garbage disposal and now the sink is stopped up and when the disposal gets turned on all it does is flush the water around the sink. I cant seem to get the sink to drain. I have even used liquid plumber on the sink and nothing has helped. Before I call in a plumber, is there anything that I can do myself?? Thanks for your help. Sincerly, Amy Browning

Participant

DEAR SIR,THIS IS (HONG KONG)HUNSWORTH INDUSTRIAL LTD. WE ARE VERY INTEREST TO OPEN THIS MARKET THUS WE WANT GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PRODUCTS. WOULD YOU SEND A DETAILS INFORMATION TO INTRODUCE AND MAKE A QUOTATION FOR US.INQUIRY: 1 X 20 CONTAINER TERMS ; C.I.F. HONG KONGYOURS TRULY, MR. NG (SHIPPING SUPERVISOR) HUNSWORTH INDUSTRIAL LTD.

Participant

My garbage disposal stopped working, last May. It was only connected for a year. I couldnt find anything that was jamming it up. Yesterday, my water stopped coming out of my kitchen faucet. Could there be a connection?

Participant

: Help. Having to choose a garbage disposal unit for my house. 4 occupants… what brand? what horsepower?

Participant

Hi just purchased an new super duper powered turbo compressed 12 valve garbage disposal that will grind an entire elephant in a spit second. My damn son wally tossed a f–ken 12 weight ball bearing in my old ful grider and blew the f–ken thing out to oblivion.. My question is who gets the deer me of the dog? Dick…

Participant

By the time you read this message I will have had ten fists up my rump just for kicks. So take it in the ass….

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This