Plumbing

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Would like to know what to study for an aptitude test to qualify for an apprenticeship?

Participant

P. Myshok…I have been in the Plumbing contracting business for many years, and feel qualified to give you some guide lines for thought related to your choice of occupations.#1…First (and foremost)..How is your attitude ? do you get along with yourself and others ?#2…Do you like dealing with people, and helping to solve thier problems ?#3…Do you enjoy working with your hands, and using your skills to solve problems ?#4…Would you be happy doing many different jobs as opposed to repetitve/boring tasks ?#5…Do you have patience and the willingness to learn this trade ? …………………………………………..Thats the test…If you answered yes to all or most of the questions above, your ready to make the next move. Find a Master Plumber that you feel comfortable with, an employer that isnt just looking for a mule to do the heavy work, like digging and running errands, and all the dead end jobs that wont lead to a well rounded education. Once youve found the right employer, give him your best shot. Try your best to improve your employers business and reputation. Be courteous to the customers, and refer all the major problems to the Boss for handling. Dont be afraid to ask questions about the work you are doing. When in doubt as what to do…Ask Questions.I was very fortunate when I first started in this business to have a great Teacher that took the time to explain the trade. That does not mean that I got to ride the Gravy Train..Plumbing is sometimes a labor intensive occupation, and requires perspiration as well as brain power.Happy New Year, and Good Luck…..Bud.. Suncoast Plumbing.. Sunny Florida…

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This