Silversmithing/silverplating

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Silversmithing/silverplating

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Where can I get literature or on line information regarding silver plating equipment (how to build my self (diagrams sketches etc.) And what chemicals are required (solutions strength) do you know of any books I might obtain on this subject. Your help will be much appreciated. Arjon.

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

: Where can I get literature or on line information regarding silver plating equipment (how to build my self (diagrams sketches etc.) And what chemicals are required (solutions strength) do you know of any books I might obtain on this subject. : Your help will be much appreciated. : Arjon. HI, ARJON!!Just starting out, I suggest that you contact suppliers of equipment and chemicals for silver plating. Usually, they will have definite recommendations. And if you get hold of a very reputable place, they should give you trouble-shooting assistance (free!) if you later have problems. Also, they really like to help people/companies who ask for their expert advice and act upon it. In fact , my experience is that if they see you trying to follow their advice, they will bend over backwards to help you out (again, free) if you have problems. Also, their literature should contain references for publications on the subject, which you can then find in the library (free!) or purchase if you wish.GOOD LUCK!!Darrel

Participant

: Where can I get literature or on line information regarding silver plating equipment (how to build my self (diagrams sketches etc.) And what chemicals are required (solutions strength) do you know of any books I might obtain on this subject. : Your help will be much appreciated. : Arjon.

Participant

hi! Im looking for information about the chemistry of electroplating like silverplating, goldplating of silverware and jewellery. and why silver tarnishes and the methods of cleaning…chemical method… Im just wondering what i should look under to find these information. Thank you!!!carmen

Participant

: Where can I get literature or on line information regarding silver plating equipment (how to build my self (diagrams sketches etc.) And what chemicals are required (solutions strength) do you know of any books I might obtain on this subject. : Your help will be much appreciated. : Arjon.

Participant

Hello Carmen, my name is Ryan Jette from Roger Jette Silversmiths, Inc. We are 3rd and 4th generation silversmiths specializing in silver and gold plating. We have affordable polishing prices as well. At this time we are in the process of developing a web site for our customers, which will allow them to view some of the items we have restored and refinished. For more information contact us at Roger Jette Silversmiths, Inc. 52 Orne Street North Attleboro, MA 02761 (508) 695-5555 fax 695-0458Thank you, Ryan Jette [email protected]

Participant

: hi! Im looking for information about the chemistry of electroplating like silverplating, goldplating of silverware and jewellery. : and why silver tarnishes and the methods of cleaning…chemical method… : Im just wondering what i should look under to find these information. : Thank you!!!: carmen

Participant

I am looking for a product to make sterling silver jewelry have the definition in some areas that is naturally formed by tarnish. Is there such a product and where do you purchase it?

Participant

Can someone recommend a catalog company that sells silver &/or gold jewelry findings. Would appreciate assistance. Thanks.

Participant

: : hi! Im looking for information about the chemistry of electroplating like silverplating, goldplating of silverware and jewellery. : : and why silver tarnishes and the methods of cleaning…chemical method… : : Im just wondering what i should look under to find these information. : : Thank you!!!: : carmen Hi. I would also like to experiment with electroplating, and wonder about source-ing chemicals? How do I find Gold-Cyanide, or Silver-Sulfuric acid or Silver Cyanide? Can I make these myself by using a new battery and silver coins in bettery acid?Not the Gold-Cyanide, of course! Comments please.

Participant

: hi! Im looking for information about the chemistry of electroplating like silverplating, goldplating of silverware and jewellery. : and why silver tarnishes and the methods of cleaning…chemical method… : Im just wondering what i should look under to find these information. : Thank you!!!: carmenDear Sir,Kindly contact us with exact detals. we will try our best to help you.

Participant

: Can someone recommend a catalog company that sells silver &/or gold jewelry findings. Would appreciate assistance. Thanks.Hi Maribeth, a good source for material, tools and equipment for the jewellery, silversmithing, goldsmithing and horological, is H.S.Walsh&Sons.Ltd. 243 Beckenham Road Beckenham, Kent BR3 4TS England They have an worldwide service and a 200+ page catalog but unfortunately no web side. Good luck, ganter

Participant

: Where can I get literature or on line information regarding silver plating equipment (how to build my self (diagrams sketches etc.) And what chemicals are required (solutions strength) do you know of any books I might obtain on this subject. : Your help will be much appreciated. : Velu.

Participant

Hi,My name is Casandra Popa, I am chemist engineer at Microelectronica S.A. and if is posibile I will be glad to collaborate with you. Microelectronica S.A. is the sale Romanian company wich is producing CMOS integrated and optoelectronic devices – LED technology (LED diodes and LED displays). You can find more details regarding our company at our web site : http://www.jadyn.ro We are interested on offer for the materials utilised in the silver plating with pulse plater deposition (basic material: Kovar, Alloy 42 or Copper) or any information about this subject. We are thank you in advance for your answer ! Please if you want to contact me reply at this e-mail address : [email protected] a nice day !Best regards,Casandra Popa

Participant

: Can someone recommend a catalog company that sells silver &/or gold jewelry findings. Would appreciate assistance. Thanks.try twin plaza metals pty ltd. they have findings, metals, chain, tools, etc. catalogue=$5.00. offices in victoria, sth aust. & n.s.w. good prices, mainly trade-but cater to students and hobbiest.

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This