Code Question

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Code Question

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

We use the Uniform Plumbing Code, however in January we will change to the International Plumbing code. What code do yall use?

Participant

Currently BOCA/National Plumbing Code but will also be changing to IPC – but probably several years.

Participant

I believe BOCA is following the ASSE #1002 code, which is presently under review and revision. It may take another year or so for the new ASSE #1002 code.

Participant

WE USE THE UNIFORM PLUMBING CODE AND DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE TO A LOWER QUALITY CODE LIKE THE INTERNATIONAL CODE. AUSTIN, TX

Participant

WE USE THE UNIFORM PLUMBING CODE AND DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE TO A LOWER QUALITY CODE LIKE THE INTERNATIONAL CODE. AUSTIN, TX

Participant

: We use the Uniform Plumbing Code, however in January we will change to the International Plumbing code. What code do yall use? can any one tell me the gallons of water used per dayfor a commercial building with 6 toilets 6 showers and 4 sinks. thankyou. Randy

Participant

: : We use the Uniform Plumbing Code, however in January we will change to the International Plumbing code. What code do yall use? : can any one tell me the gallons of water used per dayfor a commercial building with 6 toilets 6 showers and 4 sinks. thankyou. Randy If a carbonated beverage machine has a backflow condition what does the carbonated water do to the copper water lines?

Participant

Could you please advise me whether it is allowed to use UPVC piping for drainage in buildings higher than 3 storeys. If this is possible could you please advise me which code states so and in which chapter.Thank you for your help.International Centre for Contracting

Participant

Im looking for some help with what design codes (Uniform Building, Plumbing, Mechanical..or what) I should be applying to a job where Im mounting a 4-inch dia. galvanized steel pipe to a wall, vertically. The pipe will transfer water from one floor of a building to another (approx 10 vertical feet). Im a civil engineer, recently out of school and I would like to do the calculations myself. Ive done the seismic calcs for total shear and overturn moment. I dont know what other design calcs are required.

Participant

: Im looking for some help with what design codes : (Uniform Building, Plumbing, Mechanical..or what) : I should be applying to a job where Im mounting : a 4-inch dia. galvanized steel pipe to a wall, : vertically. The pipe will transfer water from one : floor of a building to another (approx 10 vertical : feet). Im a civil engineer, recently out : of school and I would like to do the calculations : myself. Ive done the seismic calcs for total shear : and overturn moment. I dont know what other design : calcs are required.

Participant

Hi, We have a manufactured home and we put in the plumbing ourself. The inspector would not ok our work. because, for the 4 pvc pipe, we used ASTM D2949. He said he could not find that number in the Code book. The readings on the pipe are as follows: 83199J 4 Bristole pipe PVC Sewer Pipe ASTM D2729 3000 lb. crush MS BP-1 PC759388 102034. We have this above the ground with hangers. Please tell us if this pipe we are using is in the International Plumbing Code Book. Thank you very much

Participant

: Hi, We have a manufactured home and we put in the plumbing ourself. The inspector would not ok our work. because, for the 4 pvc pipe, we used ASTM : D2949. He said he could not find that number in the Code book. The readings on the pipe are as : follows: 83199J 4 Bristole pipe PVC Sewer Pipe : ASTM D2729 3000 lb. crush MS BP-1 PC759388 102034. We have this above the ground with hangers. Please tell us if this pipe we are using is in the International Plumbing Code Book. : Thank you very much

Participant

: : Hi, We have a manufactured home and we put in the plumbing ourself. The inspector would not ok our work. because, for the 4 pvc pipe, we used ASTM : : D2949. He said he could not find that number in the Code book. The readings on the pipe are as : : follows: 83199J 4 Bristole pipe PVC Sewer Pipe : : ASTM D2729 3000 lb. crush MS BP-1 PC759388 102034. We have this above the ground with hangers. Please tell us if this pipe we are using is in the International Plumbing Code Book. : : Thank you very much

Participant

I have a project where I want to put a 6 potable water line in the same ditch as a 10 fire protection line. The Fire protection has to be seismically qualified. The lines will be offset for repair purposes and the potable water line will be buried a minimum of 18 below the fire protection line. My question is are there ansy code compliance issues?

Participant

: : : We use the Uniform Plumbing Code, however in January we will change to the International Plumbing code. What code do yall use? : : can any one tell me the gallons of water used per dayfor a commercial building with 6 toilets 6 showers and 4 sinks. thankyou. Randy : If a carbonated beverage machine has a backflow : condition what does the carbonated water do to : the copper water lines?

Participant

: : : We use the Uniform Plumbing Code, however in January we will change to the International Plumbing code. What code do yall use? : : can any one tell me the gallons of water used per dayfor a commercial building with 6 toilets 6 showers and 4 sinks. thankyou. Randy : If a carbonated beverage machine has a backflow : condition what does the carbonated water do to : the copper water lines?

Participant

how far from the finished wall does the rough in toilet go? If it is more than 11 inches what can I do?

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                    • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This