Should I replace my Hot Water tank?q

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Should I replace my Hot Water tank?q

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I live in 144 unit condo complex. All the water heaters are around 11 years old. Many have been replaced in the past year. I havent replaced mine for two reasons,1. Mine is working fine 2. I have my condo up for sale and I could really do without the expense. I have neighbors of mine warning me to be considerate of the neighbor who lives below me, and that there could be water damage to their unit if I wait. What would cause the tank to leak just because it is older in age? Should I replace my tank and not take a chance on water damage or is the odds of something happening so low that I can wait? I would appreciate some info on this. Thanks

Participant

What would cause the tank to leak just because it is older in age? Should I replace my tank and not take a chance on water damage or is the odds of something happening so low that I can wait? I would appreciate some info on this. ThanksKevin, Water heater tanks have anode rods that dissolve over a period of time. Most tanks are sold with guarantees that range from five to ten years. When the anode rods are gone, corrosion will start to take place on the tank itself. A way to extend the life of a water heater is: Replace the rods before they are gone. Drain and flush yearly.Replacing the tank for the new homeowner would be a nice gesture. More information on water heaters can be found at: http://www.terrylove.com/wh.htmRegards, Terry Love

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This