DWV for a sink in an Island

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives DWV for a sink in an Island

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am planning to install a kitchen sink in an island. The dirty arm length is approx. 8( distance fron san-tee to island), I believe the code says a dirty arm cannot exceed 5.. Is this possible?

Participant

: I am planning to install a kitchen sink in an island. The dirty arm length is approx. 8( distance fron san-tee to island), : I believe the code says a dirty arm cannot exceed 5.. Is this possible?Don, The UPC Plumbing code reads: 60 inches for 2 pipe 42 inches for 1-1/2 pipeMost island sinks are run with a loop vent that has a foot vent added.Regards, Terry Love

Participant

I think trap arm length is a function of diameter at a specific slope. I think concept is that the trap wier must be below the top of the inlet to the stack. I have read several times that you can get around this by using a larger trap arm. Based on terrys figures, Im interpolating that a 4 arm can be 132, 3 – 99 – but this needs checking.Island loop or air admittance valve seem like likely solutions too.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This