replaceing bathroom floor

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives replaceing bathroom floor

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

bathroom toilet had a slow leak (presume at wax ring)that over time has ruined vinyl linoleum, and probably subfloor. My house has a raised wood floor. Toilet is attached to wall, not floor. I want to replace vinyl floor with ceramic tile floor. Just starting project and would like some tips and/or good reference sites.Thanks for any help

Participant

: bathroom toilet had a slow leak (presume at wax ring)that over time has ruined vinyl linoleum, and probably subfloor. My house has a raised wood floor. Toilet is attached to wall, not floor. I want to replace vinyl floor with ceramic tile floor. Just starting project and would like some tips and/or good reference sites.: Thanks for any helpMitch, A good page to look at would be http://www.terrylove.com/kit/kitpm4.htmRegards, Terry Love

Participant

: : bathroom toilet had a slow leak (presume at wax ring)that over time has ruined vinyl linoleum, and probably subfloor. My house has a raised wood floor. Toilet is attached to wall, not floor. I want to replace vinyl floor with ceramic tile floor. Just starting project and would like some tips and/or good reference sites.: : Thanks for any help: Mitch, : A good page to look at would be http://www.terrylove.com/kit/kitpm4.htm: Regards, : Terry LoveMitch, if your plywood sub floor is in good condition,install 1/4 masonary backerboard as a sub-strate,then install ceramic tile.When installing backerboard,first back-trowel a skim coat of Latex Thinset to the board ,use a 3/16 V notch trowel to cover floor, drop backerboard in place and nail every 4 on floor joists,ever 8 in the field.Remember to offset your seams that split the floor joists,after backerboard install is complete,mud all your seams and if this isnt enough overkill ,when you mud the seams use fiberglass drywall tape. Hope this is of help. TODD

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This