water pressure

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives water pressure

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

We have spent $6500 so far on plumbing upgrades in our 1904 home that will be a Bed & Breakfast when complete with 5 full baths and one half bath. So far all we have up and going is a shower in the basement (existing), a kithchen sink (new), atoilet & sink on second floor (new). The problem is no pressure or barely any pressure. We have bought a 75 gal. gas powere vent water heater that isnt hooked up yet. Now the problem all this money we have spent and no pressure. The plumber knows that we are opening a bed and breakfast. He knows that I am concerned about enogh hot water and water pressure. how is the system going to handle 6-12 people showering within a 20-30 period when it cant handle a sink a toilet and a shower right now. I am worried that we have a plumber who isnt getting the job done. Help me. How can I address with the plumber? How do I know if he can get the job done? If the guests have to be scheduled to take showers then why put in all the baths? We could just have one bath and make shower appointments for them. I am very upset and unhappy. The plumber has been phoned three times about the pressure and hasnt been back yet. My cabinet maker was here when the plumber installed the sink faucet and the cabinet maker saind the plumber was trying to find a plugged something or other but couldnt so he gave up and went home. The cabinet mamker asked me not to say anything about him telling me this. So I cnat mention it. We live in a very samll community and we are new to it. Help Help Help!!! Sincerly, Diana

Participant

Diana….Welcome to the wonderful world of the Entrepreneurial challenges. I of course cant speak for your plumber, but This Old House was built long before your Old Plumberhad made his grand entrance into this world. This may be a blessing in disguise, a chance to find out if there is any lead piping in the walls or concealled areas that may give rise to a suit in time to come. There is no magic in the Plumbing Industry, and all Plumbers are not miricle workers. If your piping is of insufficient size to carry the demands of 1998 living standards, and 5 full bath rooms, it has been that way for a long long time. A majormake over such as you describe is not normally in the purview of the plumber but rather that of an Architecht or Engineer. I am sympathetic with your anxiety over the solution to this problem . I also know what it is like trying to launch a dream with limited funds at your disposal. Perhaps a partial solution would be in order..Increase the size of the water lines starting from where it enters the dwelling, and run a full sized lines directly to the new water heater location. And then from that point go to the first Bath Room, and then the second, and so on. This doesnt have to be done all at once it can be done as work progresses. And before you know it you will have succeeded in repiping the old house all the way up to the Attic Suite. Have a heart to heart with your Plumber and get a plan togeather for the work that needs to be done in an orderly fashion. If he is not responsive and amenable find a Plumber who is. This may sound corny, but you will get the job done and look back on this construction time as only a minor inconvienience in the years ahead.. Bud………. Merry Christmas.. Suncoast Plumbing… Sunny Florida…

Participant

:Thankyou for your response and advice I agree with you. We do need a set plan. This one sounds wonderful. Thanks for a different view point. : Diana….Welcome to the wonderful world of the : Entrepreneurial challenges. : I of course cant speak for your plumber, but This Old House was built long before your Old Plumberhad made his grand entrance into this world. : This may be a blessing in disguise, a chance to : find out if there is any lead piping in the walls or concealled areas that may give rise to a suit in time to come. : There is no magic in the Plumbing Industry, and all Plumbers are not miricle workers. If your : piping is of insufficient size to carry the demands : of 1998 living standards, and 5 full bath rooms, it has been that way for a long long time. : A majormake over such as you describe is not normally in the purview of the plumber but rather that of an Architecht or Engineer. : I am sympathetic with your anxiety over the solution to this problem . I also know what it is like trying to launch a dream with limited funds at your disposal. Perhaps a partial solution would : be in order..Increase the size of the water lines : starting from where it enters the dwelling, and run a full sized lines directly to the new water heater location. And then from that point go to the first Bath Room, and then the second, and so on. This doesnt have to be done all at once : it can be done as work progresses. And before you know it you will have succeeded in repiping : the old house all the way up to the Attic Suite. : Have a heart to heart with your Plumber and : get a plan togeather for the work that needs to be done in an orderly fashion. If he is not responsive and amenable find a Plumber who is. : This may sound corny, but you will get the job done and look back on this construction time as : only a minor inconvienience in the years ahead.. : Bud………. : Merry Christmas.. : Suncoast Plumbing… : Sunny Florida…

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This