Moen faucet pressure change

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Moen faucet pressure change

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Moen single lever faucet: when handle is lifted fully on hot water side, flow begins slowly and builds up to normal flow in a few seconds. Cartridge has been changed. Any ideas? Thank you.

Participant

: Moen single lever faucet: when handle is lifted fully on hot water side, flow begins slowly and builds up to normal flow in a few seconds. Cartridge has been changed. Any ideas? Thank you.I am assuming this is a kitchen sink faucet??? When you pulled the old cartridge did you see any rubber parts missing or broken apart. Sometimes when you pull the cartridge out it tears the O-ring and pieces get left in the valve body. This could cause the problem you have.If were talking about a pressure balancing faucet, it may be because the cold water is not on. This will sometimes act to restrict hot water flow and prevent scalding. ??? If this doesnt answer your question, e mail me and let me know what kind of faucet this is. (kitchen, lav., or tub/shower) also does the handle rotate counter clockwise to turn on or is it a push/pull type.

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

I just installed a Moen single-lever faucet and observed a lowered water flow. Using an empty half-gallon milk carton, I measured it to be about 2 gallons/minute, which I guess is about right (it says 2.2GPM on the faucet itself). I reinstalled my old (unlabeled) hand-held spout, and measured the flow rate to be close to double that of the Moen (about 4 GPM). So, I guess my question is does Moen sell any faster spouts? I like 4 GPM a lot better than 2. Even 3 would be nice.

Participant

: Moen single lever faucet: I have tried changing the cartridge but cant get the old one out. Is there a trick to this or does it just pull out.

Participant

I have a Moen faucet and I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE DARN THING. I has a ridiculous water saver of some sort and there is absolutely NO PRESSURE WHATSOEVER. Whoever thought of this feature should be shot!!!!! I takes forever just to fill a 12 cup coffee pot. I will never purchase another Moen product again. Smeone spelled your companies name incorrectly – it should be MOAN!

Participant

I just installed a Moen #87500 kitchen faucet. When the lever is moved to the hot side the pressure and volume are dramatically reduced. I dissasembled the cartrage to check for any collections of dirt or debree. Help me out here. My wife is putting pressure on me to fix it.

Participant

: : Moen single lever faucet: I have tried changing : the cartridge but cant get the old one out. Is : there a trick to this or does it just pull out.You can buy an expensive cartridge puller made just to pull Moem cartridges or, you can simply take the handle retaining screw down to a hardware store and buy another screw about 1 to 1.5 long. Screw this into the cartridge center. Be sure to remove the retaining clip holding the cartridge in. Turn off the water supply. Then take a claw hammer and pry outward on this screw you have attached to the cartridge center. You will have to get some pieces of 2 X 4 lumber or rig some other spacer to get the necessary height to pry against either the deck, if a bath or kitchen faucet, or the wall, if a shower/tub valve. Be careful you do not pull the valve body loose, especially if it is a shower valve. Use wide enough pieces of wood so that the prying pressure does not damage the wall or ceramic tile (if any). Moen cartridges that have not been replaced in a long time, often have this problem. The rubber seals literally glue themselves to the sides of the valve body.

Participant

: : Moen single lever faucet: I have tried changing : the cartridge but cant get the old one out. Is : there a trick to this or does it just pull out.

Participant

: I just installed a Moen #87500 kitchen faucet. When the lever is moved to the hot side the pressure and volume are dramatically reduced. I dissasembled the cartrage to check for any collections of dirt or debree. Help me out here. My wife is putting pressure on me to fix it.i incurred a situation where my moen single handle faucet would would just stop or slow down at any time, corrected by tapping down on stem or releasig spray attachment,but pressure only lasted a few seconds. i tried replacing the cartridge, which worked for about a day before the problem reoccured. i talked with my parts dealer about a defective cartridge and they said the problem didnt sound consistent with the cartridge,and that i should contact moen directly.

Participant

: : : Moen single lever faucet: I have tried changing : : the cartridge but cant get the old one out. Is : : there a trick to this or does it just pull out.: You can buy an expensive cartridge puller made just to pull Moem cartridges or, you can simply take the handle retaining screw down to a hardware store and buy another screw about 1 to 1.5 long. Screw this into the cartridge center. Be sure to remove the retaining clip holding the cartridge in. Turn off the water supply. Then take a claw hammer and pry outward on this screw you have attached to the cartridge center. You will have to get some pieces of 2 X 4 lumber or rig some other spacer to get the necessary height to pry against either the deck, if a bath or kitchen faucet, or the wall, if a shower/tub valve. Be careful you do not pull the valve body loose, especially if it is a shower valve. Use wide enough pieces of wood so that the prying pressure does not damage the wall or ceramic tile (if any). Moen cartridges that have not been replaced in a long time, often have this problem. The rubber seals literally glue themselves to the sides of the valve body.1/5/00: Thank you for your detailed response which is very helpful and nowhere else to be found. I appreciate the help.

Participant

I am experiencing decreased pressure on both sides of a pull out moen bath/shower faucet when pulled out completely. when puhed towards the closed possition the pressure increases somewhat. What can be done to rectify this problem?

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This