what type of pvc solvent?

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives what type of pvc solvent?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Iam installing a hottub, and am not sure which type of pvc solvent to use. Iam using sch. 40 joints to pvc flex pipe inch and half. THANKS!

Participant

Bob…Caution must be used when assembling this type of installation. The pump on these units can pump out 50 Gallons of water before you can say AW-SHUCKS. So it is critical that the cementing is done to the Manufacturers specs. If you dont have the installation manual, write to the manufacturer and request this information, Im sure they will provide you with good advise in this matter… Lotsa luck…Merry Christmas… Bud… Suncoast Plumbing… Sunny Florida…

Participant

Bob…Caution must be used when assembling this type of installation. The pump on these units can pump out 50 Gallons of water before you can say AW-SHUCKS. So it is critical that the cementing is done to the Manufacturers specs. If you dont have the installation manual, write to the manufacturer and request this information, Im sure they will provide you with good advise in this matter… Lotsa luck…Merry Christmas… Bud… Suncoast Plumbing… Sunny Florida…

Participant

: Iam installing a hottub, and am not sure which type of pvc solvent to use. Iam using sch. 40 joints to pvc flex pipe inch and half. THANKS!I just had to work on a Jacuzzi tub with the same type of connections. The tub leaked from the factory so I called the support line. The service tech told me that it is pvc glue only. I suggest you call Jacuzzi if you have any questions.

Participant

: Iam installing a hottub, and am not sure which type of pvc solvent to use. Iam using sch. 40 joints to pvc flex pipe inch and half. THANKS!Bob, You are in luck today. I use the Oatey Flexible Cement for PVC Medium-bodied clear cement for use on flexible PVC pipe and rigid fittings. Up to 3 diameter. Formulated to withstand pressures and vibrations commonly associated with spa and swimming pool installations. Exceeds manufactures rated line pressure for flexible PVC pipe. Apply at temperatures 40�F to 100�F. Exceeds ASTM D-2564. NSF listed.Remember to use the purple pipe primer first.< http://www.oatey.com/products/cements/30879.asp>Regards, Terry Love

Participant

: Iam installing a hottub, and am not sure which type of pvc solvent to use. Iam using sch. 40 joints to pvc flex pipe inch and half. THANKS!

Participant

: : Iam installing a hottub, and am not sure which type of pvc solvent to use. Iam using sch. 40 joints to pvc flex pipe inch and half. THANKS!: I just had to work on a Jacuzzi tub with the same type of connections. The tub leaked from the factory so I called the support line. The service tech told me that it is pvc glue only. I suggest you call Jacuzzi if you have any questions.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This