Thermal heating of hot water

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Thermal heating of hot water

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Want to use outside wood burning BBQ to heat hot water for outdoor kitchen use. I have old hot water tank and need to know how to hook up piping so it will thermal sphion with out the need of a pump.I will use coil in the BBQ for heat

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

: Greg…A Thermo-Siphon is easily installed, the main thing is to always have the storage tank higher than the heat source. If your going to build this from scratch, consider grossly over sizing the piping to and from your storage tank. This will provide additional storage, but more importently will provide better circulation. Remember. this system works by gravity, the cold water is heavier than the warm water and will flow down to the heat source and displace the warm water to the storage tank. Insulate the tank and pipes fo best results. Remember : also that there is a potential for problems so be sure to incorporate a T&P (temperature and pressure) releif valve (preferably at or near the heat source) Lotsa luck and Merry Christmas : Bud : Suncoast Plumbing : Sunny Floridahello , Im a student in jordan , majorly studying mech. eng. , hope you can help me in my graduating projects about solar energy storage as latent heat

Participant

: Greg…A Thermo-Siphon is easily installed, the main thing is to always have the storage tank higher than the heat source. If your going to build this from scratch, consider grossly over sizing the piping to and from your storage tank. This will provide additional storage, but more importently will provide better circulation. Remember. this system works by gravity, the cold water is heavier than the warm water and will flow down to the heat source and displace the warm water to the storage tank. Insulate the tank and pipes fo best results.Remember : also that there is a potential for problems so be sure to incorporate a T&P (temperature and pressure) releif valve (preferably at or near the heat source) Lotsa luck and Merry Christmas : Bud : Suncoast Plumbing : Sunny FloridaCould you please send more information about the thermosiphon heating for the thermal energy storage.Please posted in the following address: 15, buckingham road, tuebrook, liverpool L13 8AY UNITED KINGDOM

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This