Water heater

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Water heater

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I am remodeling my company cafeteria, which includes the installation of an industrial dishwasher. I have been told that I need at least 80 gallons of hot water to run the dishwasher properly. I have a water heater inplace that is approximately 50 gallons, but a local plumber has stated that we need to purchase a larger one and has quoted $1200 for the water heater. Can I buy a second 50 gallon unit and run the two of them together to supply the hot water for the dishwasher? Any advice on how I should have the 2 units connected? Thanks for your help.

Participant

Jay…It is a common practice to connect two or more water heaters togeather for the purpose that you have described. The heaters are generally of equal size if they are to be connected in paralell configuration. In your case your plumber will probably wish to connect in series(larger heater first). Lotsa luck and Merry Christmas Bud Suncoast Plumbing Sunny Florida

Participant

: I am remodeling my company cafeteria, which includes the installation of an industrial dishwasher. I have been told that I need at least 80 gallons of hot water to run the dishwasher properly. I have a water heater inplace that is approximately 50 gallons, but a local plumber has stated that we need to purchase a larger one and has quoted $1200 for the water heater. Can I buy a second 50 gallon unit and run the two of them together to supply the hot water for the dishwasher? Any advice on how I should have the 2 units connected? Thanks for your help.Jay, there are other options. The 80 gallon unit suggested must be a commercial grade unit (with a 1200.00 price tag). You could look at using a point of use/ on demand type booster heater if you are concerned about getting 180 degree water. Health inspectors in my area require at least 180 degrees or the use of chemicals to clean the dishes. Many restraunts go with two 50 gallon unit because the cost is much less and you get the same effect. You may also be able to use a 80 gallon residential unit if your area will permit it. The cost will be more like $400. You have to consider the cost of wiring another unit as well.And venting (if its gas).

Participant

: I am remodeling my company cafeteria, which includes the installation of an industrial dishwasher. I have been told that I need at least 80 gallons of hot water to run the dishwasher properly. I have a water heater inplace that is approximately 50 gallons, but a local plumber has stated that we need to purchase a larger one and has quoted $1200 for the water heater. Can I buy a second 50 gallon unit and run the two of them together to supply the hot water for the dishwasher? Any advice on how I should have the 2 units connected? Thanks for your help.One more thing. If all your running in your cafe is a sink, bathroom, and dishwasher, Id get a second opinion. Sounds to me like the 50 may really be all you need.

Participant

I just replaced my hot water heater thermostat and the lower heating element. Now my problem is a great amount of moisture is building inside of the hot water casing and it leaks under the heater and on to the flooer. I already raised the water temperature but still the moisture is present. what is the problem/s with this heater. I only have for 3 years.

Participant

How did you find out how to change the thermostat?

Participant

We need to heat 40 cubic meters of water contained in two 20 cubic meters tanks each one.The range temperture needed is 80-90 celsius degrees.The rate needed is 16 liter/seg.Can you help us?.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This