Moen kitchen faucet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Moen kitchen faucet

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Can you tell me how to change the washer/o-ring on my kitchen sinlge lever Moen tap? Can take the cap off and also the lever but am too cautious to go any further. Tap leaks or seems to leak from the bottom.j miller

Participant

J. Miller….Courage… and a Moen kitchen faucet rebuild kit is all that is needed. Be sure to turn the water off before starting, and follow the illustrated instructions that accompany the kit………Merry Christmas. Bud Suncoast Plumbing Florida..USA

Participant

: Can you tell me how to change the washer/o-ring on my kitchen sinlge lever Moen tap? : Can take the cap off and also the lever but am too cautious to go any further. Tap leaks or seems to leak from the bottom.: j millerMiller: I recommend you get a moen 1225b replacement cartridge. Turn water off to faucet. Remove cap and screw (in top) Remove handle (lift handle and push back and it should come out of the groove). There is a small brass C-clip that has to be pulled out which should allow you to pull the cartridge straight up with a pair of pliars. You have to grab the round part of the cartridge (where the screw you removed is). The 1225b cartridge may look different than the one you pull out. It is the better of the two available. Also if you discover that the Hot and Cold are reversed just simply rotate the cartridge top 180 degrees. You can do this without removing the new cartridge.

Participant

: Can you tell me how to change the washer/o-ring on my kitchen sinlge lever Moen tap? : Can take the cap off and also the lever but am too cautious to go any further. Tap leaks or seems to leak from the bottom.: j millerOne more thing. If the faucet leaks from under side and you have a pull out handle. Check the hand held part and see if its leaking when you turn the water on. Pull it out and look. You may just need to tighten the hand unit or replace the washer there.

Participant

: : Can you tell me how to change the washer/o-ring on my kitchen sinlge lever Moen tap? : : Can take the cap off and also the lever but am too cautious to go any further. Tap leaks or seems to leak from the bottom.: : j miller: One more thing. If the faucet leaks from under side and you have a pull out handle. Check the hand held part and see if its leaking when : you turn the water on. Pull it out and look. You may just need to : tighten the hand unit or replace the washer there.

Participant

: : Can you tell me how to change the washer/o-ring on my kitchen sinlge lever Moen tap? : : Can take the cap off and also the lever but am too cautious to go any further. Tap leaks or seems to leak from the bottom.: : j miller: One more thing. If the faucet leaks from under side and you have a pull out handle. Check the hand held part and see if its leaking when : you turn the water on. Pull it out and look. You may just need to : tighten the hand unit or replace the washer there.Can you please explain the procedure to replace the washer and/or o-ring on these type faucets. On our Moen single lever faucet, we can not get the water to completely shut off. It seems that the lever can not completely shut off the water.

Participant

: : : : Can you tell me how to change the washer/o-ring on my kitchen sinlge lever Moen tap? : : : Can take the cap off and also the lever but am too cautious to go any further. Tap leaks or seems to leak from the bottom.: : : j miller: : One more thing. If the faucet leaks from under side and you have a pull out handle. Check the hand held part and see if its leaking when : : you turn the water on. Pull it out and look. You may just need to : : tighten the hand unit or replace the washer there.: Can you please explain the procedure to replace the washer and/or o-ring on these type faucets. On our Moen single lever faucet, we can not get the water to completely shut off. It seems that the lever can not completely shut off the water.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This