Green copper stains

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Green copper stains

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

How do you remove green copper stains from plastic tub and porcelain toilets? Thank you

Participant

K. Collier…The green stains are an indication of a more serious problem than just the stains. The green that you see is coming from the copper that is in your water piping system, aside from the stain that it causes, it has been listed as being of some concern in the human diet. It also means that unless a method to control this leaching of the metal from the pipe is put in place, the piping will eventually develop pin hole leaks,and require replacing. You may find the site below of benefit in this regard. The stains in the toilets can be removed with a very dilute solution of Muriatic acid, and allowed to stand over night in the bowl. I hesitate to advise on the plastic tub for obvious reasons…Merry Christmas Bud Suncoast Plumbing Florida USA

Participant

: How do you remove green copper stains from : plastic tub and porcelain toilets? : Thank youI would check you water system fro copper erosion problems if you have excessive green stains. When water pipes are not connected properly they can react in a negitive way ie: copper connected to galv. You have to keep the metals from touching or it will eat the copper away from the inside and end up in the tub, etc.

Participant

What is causing the staining not only to my toilets, sinks and tubs, but to my laundry? How can it be fixed? We have installed a water softener and ph balancer and none seem to work.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This