Qest

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar photoPhilip Rodney Spencer-Walters

Where can I find out more about Qest products? I have the plumbing in a mobil home. I am trying to find out what is supposed to be wrong with itThankyou

Participant

: Where can I find out more about Qest products? I have : the plumbing in a mobil home. I am trying to find out : what is supposed to be wrong with it: Thankyou I see a lot of quest piping in Montana. It is my opinioon that the problem is not the pipe itself but the fittings. Factory installs use a crimped ring to connect the pipe to a fitting. The fittings are usually plastic but sometimes brass. I have had good luck with replacing these connection with a Quest compression type fitting (its made of the grey polybutalene, same as the pipe). They work much better and dont spring leaks like the crimp fitting will. There has been a class action law suit that made available funds for pipe replacement. The law suit was in Georgia (I think). Thats about all I know.

Participant

: : Where can I find out more about Qest products? I have : : the plumbing in a mobil home. I am trying to find out : : what is supposed to be wrong with it: : Thankyou : I see a lot of quest piping in Montana. It is my opinioon that the problem is not the pipe itself but the fittings. Factory installs use a crimped ring to connect the pipe to a fitting. The fittings are usually plastic but sometimes brass. I have had good luck with replacing these connection with a Quest compression type fitting (its made of the grey polybutalene, same as the pipe). They work much better and dont spring leaks like the crimp fitting will. There has been a class action law suit that made available funds for pipe replacement. The law suit was in Georgia (I think). Thats about all I know. I installed two qest valves in 1991. Today, 11/12/98, one of them failed catistrophically. The stem seperated from the valve and the result was a kitchen inundated with water. The valve design, obvious only after failure, is the worst I have ever seen in all my years of design work.

Participant

Do you have any additional information on the class action lawsuit that makes funds available to replace this pipe?? If you have any way to contact the firm or individual responsible for the lawsuite I would appreciate it very much.Thank youDee

Participant

: Do you have any additional information on the class action lawsuit that makes funds available to replace this pipe?? If you have any way to contact the firm or individual responsible for the lawsuite I would appreciate it very much.: Thank you: DeeI too would like to know if anyone has the number or the ability to get in touch with Quest ..Concerning the defective piping…

Participant

:QUEST I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION CONCERNING THE FITTINGS OF QEST PIPES IN MOIBLE HOMES. HAD HOW CAN I GET INFORMATION ON THE PROBLEMS WITH THE FITTINGS.. I HAVE RAN IN TO MANY LEAKING FITTINGS. GARY

Participant

: : Where can I find out more about Qest products? I have : : the plumbing in a mobil home. I am trying to find out : : what is supposed to be wrong with it: : Thankyou : I see a lot of quest piping in Montana. It is my opinioon that the problem is not the pipe itself but the fittings. Factory installs use a crimped ring to connect the pipe to a fitting. The fittings are usually plastic but sometimes brass. I have had good luck with replacing these connection with a Quest compression type fitting (its made of the grey polybutalene, same as the pipe). They work much better and dont spring leaks like the crimp fitting will. There has been a class action law suit that made available funds for pipe replacement. The law suit was in Georgia (I think). Thats about all I know.

Participant

My pipes are springing leaks at the metal connectors in the walls, and under the water heater. The condition is not noticed until the damage has already occured( warped floors, wet and soggy walls, etc)my home is literally rotting underneath me. People pay good money for what they think is a good product and shouldnt be subjected to this kind of situation. : : :QUEST I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION CONCERNING : THE FITTINGS OF QEST PIPES IN MOIBLE HOMES. : HAD HOW CAN I GET INFORMATION ON THE PROBLEMS : WITH THE FITTINGS.. I HAVE RAN IN TO MANY : LEAKING FITTINGS. GARY

Participant

: My pipes are springing leaks at the metal connectors in the walls, and under the water heater. The condition is not noticed until the damage has already occured( warped floors, wet and soggy walls, etc)my home is literally rotting underneath me. People pay good money for what they think is a good product and shouldnt be subjected to this kind of situation. : : : : :QUEST I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION CONCERNING : : THE FITTINGS OF QEST PIPES IN MOIBLE HOMES. : : HAD HOW CAN I GET INFORMATION ON THE PROBLEMS : : WITH THE FITTINGS.. I HAVE RAN IN TO MANY : : LEAKING FITTINGS. GARY

Participant

I dont know if this is the same thing, but we had all of our plumbing replaced through a class action Cox vs. Shell Oil. The problem we had was gray pipe leaks at the fittings. I think the claim period has ended, but the number that I originally contacted is 1-800-876-4698. I have recently seen ads on Court TV channel that could be a new class action. They advertise a site http://www.pbpipe.com, but I couldnt pull it up..you may have better luck.

Participant

: : Where can I find out more about Qest products? I have : : the plumbing in a mobil home. I am trying to find out : : what is supposed to be wrong with it: : Thankyou : I see a lot of quest piping in Montana. It is my opinioon that the problem is not the pipe itself but the fittings. Factory installs use a crimped ring to connect the pipe to a fitting. The fittings are usually plastic but sometimes brass. I have had good luck with replacing these connection with a Quest compression type fitting (its made of the grey polybutalene, same as the pipe). They work much better and dont spring leaks like the crimp fitting will. There has been a class action law suit that made available funds for pipe replacement. The law suit was in Georgia (I think). Thats about all I know.

Participant

: : Do you have any additional information on the class action lawsuit that makes funds available to replace this pipe?? If you have any way to contact the firm or individual responsible for the lawsuite I would appreciate it very much.: : Thank you: : Dee: I too would like to know if anyone has the number or the ability to get in touch with Quest ..Concerning the defective piping…There was an 800 number listed in a TV ad last week for the class action suit info but I didnt get it written down. Still searching the Web – it was for polybutalene piping.

Participant

: : : Do you have any additional information on the class action lawsuit that makes funds available to replace this pipe?? If you have any way to contact the firm or individual responsible for the lawsuite I would appreciate it very much.: : : Thank you: : : Dee: : I too would like to know if anyone has the number or the ability to get in touch with Quest ..Concerning the defective piping…: There was an 800 number listed in a TV ad last week for the class action suit info but I didnt get it written down. Still searching the Web – it was for polybutalene piping.The two numbers I have are 1-800-356-3496 and 1-800-876-4698. There is probably more than one class action law suit out there. I was just told that my second leak did not occur within the deadline, and that I do not qualify for a replumb. Im still looking for more information. There is a repair website (http://www.spencerclass.com/index2.htm), but I dont think the 800 numbers I have are related to that law suit. Hope this helps.

Participant

: : : : Do you have any additional information on the class action lawsuit that makes funds available to replace this pipe?? If you have any way to contact the firm or individual responsible for the lawsuite I would appreciate it very much.: : : : Thank you: : : : Dee: : : I too would like to know if anyone has the number or the ability to get in touch with Quest ..Concerning the defective piping…: : There was an 800 number listed in a TV ad last week for the class action suit info but I didnt get it written down. Still searching the Web – it was for polybutalene piping.: The two numbers I have are 1-800-356-3496 and 1-800-876-4698. There is probably more than one class action law suit out there. I was just told that my second leak did not occur within the deadline, and that I do not qualify for a replumb. Im still looking for more information. There is a repair website (http://www.spencerclass.com/index2.htm), but I dont think the 800 numbers I have are related to that law suit. Hope this helps.Cox class action suit: 1-800-392-7591 web address: http://www.pbpipe.com

Participant

I have been told that my breakdown in the plumbing in my house is because of the Qest material failure. How do I get in on this class suit?

Participant

: I have been told that my breakdown in the : plumbing in my house is because of the Qest : material failure. How do I get in on this : class suit?

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This