foundation drainage

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives foundation drainage

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I built an addition on my house that has drainage problems. The soil is clay and is very flat on one of the house. The downspouts from my garage run off into this area and has no place to go. I cannot add much additional grade without getting too close the the building, and there is an access for the crawlspace in the low area too.My proposed fix for this is to add a shallow draintile with pea gravel at grade level that will catch any surface water along with the downspout water from the roof. The ditch will have a poly sheet on the bottom that will prevent local penetration of water.Do you know of a product that can be used for this waterproof layer other than standard visqueen? I am concerned that holes will form over the years with the frost cycles and it will become ineffective.Will keeping the water away from a foundation built on clay help stabilize it? Some settling has occured of the past 8 years and I am hoping to prevent this. Clay get very viscous when saturated and is very stable when damp.Please let give me any information that might help me with this problem.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This