furnace flow control valve

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives furnace flow control valve

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have a 2 zone hot water system. The basement is in-slab heating; the upstairs is baseboard. When the basement zone is on, the upstairs heats also. I had this same problem last season. After switching thermostats around, our plumber came out and found out it was a bad flow control valve. I was not charged for this. Our heating system is now 2 years old. Now we have the same problem. Is this a common problem? This will be our second valve plus the fact that our plumber had discovered a bad connection in our Weil McLain gas furnace. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, what would the likely charge be if this job is not free (should it be?). Perry Middlemist

Participant

: I have a 2 zone hot water system. The basement is in-slab heating; the upstairs is baseboard. When the basement zone is on, the upstairs heats also. I had this same problem last season. After switching thermostats around, our plumber came out and found out it was a bad flow control valve. I was not charged for this. Our heating system is now 2 years old. Now we have the same problem. Is this a common problem? This will be our second valve plus the fact that our plumber had discovered a bad connection in our Weil McLain gas furnace. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, what would the likely charge be if this job is not free (should it be?). : Perry MiddlemistIt is not a common problem. Rare! Zone valve are probably Honeywell brand. Or maybe WHite – Rogers. I would check to see if both valves operate (open) when one thermostat calls for heat. If so its a wiring problem. Most plumber I know dont have a clue how to wire thse things and electricians are just as bad. Its a job for an expert (a simple job for an expert). Anyway, if they dont both activate when you turn up one thermostat then make sure one of the zone valves is not set on Manual Open. There should be a small lever that moves when the valves activates. Make sure its not locked in the manual open position. If all that check out then you do have a bad valve. They sell for $75.00 – $100.00.

Participant

I also have a 2 zone system with white-rogers valves #1311-102 They have 6 connections on them. My landlord doesnt know how they are supposed to be connected, and has them all screwed up. Anyone have any idea about the pinout of these beasts? : : I have a 2 zone hot water system. The basement is in-slab heating; the upstairs is baseboard. When the basement zone is on, the upstairs heats also. I had this same problem last season. After switching thermostats around, our plumber came out and found out it was a bad flow control valve. I was not charged for this. Our heating system is now 2 years old. Now we have the same problem. Is this a common problem? This will be our second valve plus the fact that our plumber had discovered a bad connection in our Weil McLain gas furnace. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, what would the likely charge be if this job is not free (should it be?). : : Perry Middlemist: It is not a common problem. Rare! Zone valve are probably Honeywell brand. Or maybe WHite – Rogers. I would check to see if both valves operate (open) when one thermostat calls for heat. If so its a wiring problem. Most plumber I know dont have a clue how to wire thse things and electricians are just as bad. Its a job for an expert (a simple job for an expert). Anyway, if they dont both activate when you turn up one thermostat then make sure one of the zone valves is not set on Manual Open. There should be a small lever that moves when the valves activates. Make sure its not locked in the manual open position. If all that check out then you do have a bad valve. They sell for $75.00 – $100.00.

Participant

: : I have a 2 zone hot water system. The UPSTAIRS AND FIRST FLOOR MECH. ZONE VALE STICK, IF I SHUT THE FURNACE DOWN FOR A WHILE EVERYTHING IS OK, I BELIEVE WHEN ONE OF THE CIRCULARS GOES ON THAT THE VALE STAY OPEN IS THIS A COMMON PROBLEM.d valve plus the fact that our plumber had discovered a bad connection in our Weil McLain gas furnace. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, what would th

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This