Air in radiators.

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Air in radiators.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I would be extremely grateful if someone can help me with an on-going problem. Basically, we had a new central heating system installed in January and the upstairs radiators keep getting air in them. This mainly happens to the towel rail and one other radiator. The top bar of the towel rail goes cold and the top third of the radiator goes cold. When they are bled, a substantial amount of air is released and I would like to know how the air keeps getting into the system. The downstairs radiators are fine.I think this might be linked to a problem with the boiler. There is a regular gushing noise coming from the pump, or around that area, that sounds like water rushing through the pipes. Sometimes this is extremely loud and I would think that this is causing the air in the system.The installer has been back around 20 times, but he hasnt got a clue about the cause. I would be very grateful if someone could give a few ideas because I am worried that the air in the system will cause damage.We have a combined gravity hot water, pumped central heating system with 9 radiators and a towel rail. The boiler is a Potterton Profile 80e.All suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

In Reply to: Re: Air in radiators. posted by Russ Barteltt Plumbing on November 29, 1997 at 05:54:57:>>If you dont have an air scoop at the boiler, you should. Once all the are is out of the system it should remain closed to outside air. An air scoop is installed in line so the pump pushes the water through and a small scoop catches the air an automatically releaves it.<>I also wonder if you have bleeder valves at the high points of the system?? If not How are you getting the air out?<

Participant

: : I would be extremely grateful if someone can help me : : with an on-going problem. Basically, we had a new : : central heating system installed in January and the : : upstairs radiators keep getting air in them. This mainly : : happens to the towel rail and one other radiator. The : : top bar of the towel rail goes cold and the top third : : of the radiator goes cold. When they are bled, a substantial : : amount of air is released and I would like to know how : : the air keeps getting into the system. The downstairs : : radiators are fine.: If you dont have an air scoop at the boiler, you should. Once all the are is out of the system it should remain closed to outside air. An air scoop is installed in line so the pump pushes the water through and a small scoop catches the air an automatically releaves it. I also wonder if you have bleeder valves at the high points of the system?? If not How are you getting the air out? System design is everything! A poor systme design just takes more maintenance.: : I think this might be linked to a problem with the boiler. : : There is a regular gushing noise coming from the pump, or : : around that area, that sounds like water rushing through the : : pipes. Sometimes this is extremely loud and I would think that : : this is causing the air in the system.: : The installer has been back around 20 times, but he hasnt got : : a clue about the cause. I would be very grateful if someone could : : give a few ideas because I am worried that the air in the : : system will cause damage.: : We have a combined gravity hot water, pumped central : : heating system with 9 radiators and a towel rail. The : : boiler is a Potterton Profile 80e.: : All suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This