Hot water to the upstairs shower.

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Hot water to the upstairs shower.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar photoDavid Frederick Brown

Home 3 years old. Hot water to shower use to be no problem. This week I noticed that I had to move the shower control knob much further to the left to keep the water even warm. I thought the Hot Water Tank was the problem but it seems to be fine. When I moved the thermostat on the tank to hotter, it kicked on with no problem. I get the same hot water to the rest of the house, upstairs included. Where might I look to find the problem. My 12 yr old says her shower is different now too. If she is right then my problem isnt at my master bath shower control. If she is wrong then might that be where the problem is? Thanks so much for your answer and help. David

Participant

It sounds like you are saying that BOTH of your showers seem to have cooler hot water to them and the rest of the house seems the same. My guess is that the thermostat on the heater has changed somewhat (as it gets older). You dont notice a difference with your hands in the other faucets (taps) because hands are not as sensative as your body is to SLIGHT temperature changes. Unless it gets worst I wouldnt worry about it.

Participant

our hot water gets very cool,very fast. we have checked the thermostat,already is on hot. we drained some of the water,which was clear,where do we go from here.the tank is only 2 years old,40 gal.

Participant

: our hot water gets very cool,very fast. we have checked the thermostat,already is on hot. : we drained some of the water,which was clear,where do we go from here.the tank is only 2 years old,40 gal.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This