drain smell

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives drain smell

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

My shower stall appears to bw leaking sewer gas. Ive read similar listings here and the similarities are too numerous to ignore.How can I determine if there is a drain p-trap installed without requiring a plumber? A visual is out of the question because the drain works are in the floor. There is a venting pipe on the roof.DM

Participant

: My shower stall appears to bw leaking sewer gas. Ive read similar listings here and the similarities are too numerous to ignore.: How can I determine if there is a drain p-trap installed without requiring a plumber? A visual is out of the question because the drain works are in the floor. There is a venting pipe on the roof.: DMHow can I determine if there is a drain p-trap installed without requiring a plumber? A visual is out of the question because the drain works are in the floor. There is a venting pipe on the roof.Donald, A p-trap will prevent air coming up from the drain with a water seal. You might try putting a match over the drain to see if the flame flickers with an updraft. I have seen some basement showers installed by homeowners that installed showers and tubs without the p-traps see: http://www.terrylove.com/faq.htm#vent Terry Love

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This